Shorts should be no longer than 13 to 15 min to create an hour program.
Fee is $75.00, nonrefundable.
Winners will be determined by audience voting from Saturdays programs.
The top five films will be presented on Sunday and the top film, as determined by the audience, will be the winner.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org | Subject: NYHS KSSDFC information
Please read this agreement carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
For additional information about, our selection process, what we look for, or for any additional information concerning submissions, email email@example.com, subject KILLER SHORTS SUDDEN DEATH FILM COMPETITION
1) All films must have been completed not earlier than January 1, 2022.
2) Films must be in English or have English subtitles
3) KILLER SHORTS SUDDEN DEATH FILM COMPETITION does not pay Screening Fees
4) Films must be submitted via online screener – we do not accept hardcopies of DVDs
5) KILLER SHORTS SUDDEN DEATH FILM COMPETITION does not require World Premiere, but appreciates if you notify us if you are a World Premiere, International Premiere (your first premiere outside your country of origin), North American Premiere or New York Premiere.
6) Submission fees are in U.S. dollars, per film entry. All submissions for KILLER SHORTS SUDDEN DEATH FILM COMPETITION are currently to be paid by check. The submission fee is non-refundable.
7) Submitting filmmakers/individuals will be notified by e-mail on or before (pending). KILLER SHORTS SUDDEN DEATH FILM COMPETITION does not send physical mail — please make sure the email address in your entry form is accurate. Changes of email address can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. FEARSmag & KILLER SHORTS SUDDEN DEATH FILM COMPETITION are not liable for emails delayed by spam filters, server rejections, outdated email addresses or any other technical or human error.
8) If an accepted filmmaker is unable to submit the final screening copy of the film electronically, the filmmaker will be responsible for the mailing/shipping cost of the work for screening at the film festival. Films with incomplete materials by the deadline will forfeit their ability to screen in the festival. FEARSmag & KILLER SHORTS SUDDEN DEATH FILM COMPETITION, its members, directors, employees, and volunteers are not responsible for lost, unplayable, misplaced, and undelivered film and media.
9) Submitted entry materials will not be returned.
10) A filmmaker with multiple entries (titles) must submit each entry and entry fee separately.
11) KILLER SHORTS SUDDEN DEATH FILM COMPETITION reserves the right to remove a film from the festival program for any reason or for no reason and shall not be liable for any refund or claims of any kind arising out of such removal.
12) The submitting filmmaker must own the copyright to the work. In the case of any legal dispute involving the film, FEARSmag & KILLER SHORTS SUDDEN DEATH FILM COMPETITION will immediately remove the work from the schedule.
13) By submitting your film, FEARSmag & KILLER SHORTS SUDDEN DEATH FILM COMPETITION is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
14) You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FEARSmag & KILLER SHORTS SUDDEN DEATH FILM COMPETITION from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.